WWU Give Day is June 1
On June 1, Western alumni, students and their families will unite for a 24-hour online fundraising event to support your students and the academic programs, clubs and teams that are shaping them throughout their time at Western. A percentage of every gift will be matched by the WWU Give Day Challenge Fund!
Last year’s first WWU Give Day set the record for the most donors to Western in one day, 698, including more than 200 first-time donors.
Total giving exceeded $250,000 and provided important resources not covered by state and tuition dollars for things like scholarships, student travel to conferences, equipment, faculty-student research partnerships, leadership opportunities and career services.
We are asking parents and families to come together and help ensure our second annual give day is even more successful!
Here’s how to participate and support the areas that are making a meaningful impact on your student:
- Make a gift at wwugiveday.com on June 1!
- Spread the word by signing up to be a social media ambassador at wwugiveday.com.
- Post and share why you love WWU and encourage others to join you in giving on June 1.
We are so proud that you are part of the Viking family. The opportunity to contribute to the higher education of students is a gift that you, as parents, give to us. You have provided them with the values, focus and discipline to succeed. Thank you for considering one more gift on WWU Give Day, June 1.
Did you know about the WWU Parents Fund?
You can give to any department, club, team or program on WWU Give Day, but did you know there is a fund established by WWU families? It supports:
- Academic and career assessment supporting timely major declaration.
- Employer outreach, internships and career fairs.
- Leadership opportunities.
- Family outreach such as the WWU Family Connection Newsletter, Family Weekends and the Parent Connection Group to keep you involved and connected.
These programs and services are only partially funded by state dollars. We truly appreciate your partnership in giving students the COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE they need to succeed.