Help Yourself by Understanding How to Best Request & Track Your Work Requests
Renovation/Construction Services Definition:
This is work provided by FM crews to install anything new. This is not work that is replacing something existing with a matching item. That is maintenance. Below are some examples of renovation/construction work versus maintenance work:
- New shelving is construction
- Relocating existing shelving to a new location is construction.
- Repairing existing shelving is maintenance.
- Replacing an existing window is maintenance if it is replaced of matching size, even if replacement includes upgraded glazing and sash material.
- Replacing an existing window that is larger than the existing wall penetration is construction.
- Electrical wall receptacle
- Replacing a worn out receptacle is maintenance.
- Adding an additional receptacle is construction.
- Upgrading the capacity or type of a receptacle is construction.
Requesting Renovation/Construction Services:
All renovations/construction work is self-sustaining. To request these services a funded Work Request must be submitted to the Work Control Center. For questions contact the Work Control Center at 650-3420.
Maintenance Services Definitions