Financial & Business Services
Facilities Management's Financial & Business Services department provides all of the financial management support necessary to maintain the business accounts of FM. This support includes budgeting, financial accounting, cost tracking and expense reconciliation. Additionally, Financial & Business Services provides office-computing support, administration of Western's job-cost tracking system and maintenance of FM's computer network interfaces including web-page management.
The Financial & Business Services department also provides management oversight of FM Materials Management (purchasing, receiving, and invoice processing activities), and long-term leasing of non-FM vehicles.
The following areas make up Financial & Business Services:
- Business Services Support
- Fleet Maintenance Services
- Information Systems and Computer Support
- Work Control Center
- Materials Management
Assistant Director, Financial & Business Services:
Phone: (360) 650-2876
Accounting and Budgeting
The Facilities Management Accounting and Budget Office has primary responsibility for managing and coordinating FM's internal accounting and budget processes, and for tracking FM's cash flows. These responsibilities are associated with the planning, allocation and expenditure of available funding resources in support of the operational objectives of the FM Management Team and the University. This office functions as a primary financial information resource to personnel within FM and to management personnel throughout the university community.
Budget Analyst III:
FM Fueling System, Vehicle Leases, and Utility Billing
Vehicle Leases offers safe and reliable vehicles through the long term vehicle lease program to university staff and faculty for official university business only. The Fueling, Vehicle Leases & Utility Billing regulations are required to meet State of Washington Office of Financial Management guidelines.
Vehicles may also be rented directly from Enterprise Rentals per the information listed in the below Travel Desk link:
- Maintenance of computerized engraving and label making equipment, data logging equipment, barcode scanners and an engine analyzer in our vehicle garage
- Management of approximately 100 workstations used by our managers, architects, engineers, administrative staff and trades shop personnel
- Oversight and maintenance of database applications that maintain information on all of Western's buildings and equipment
- Oversight and maintenance of the job costing system that tracks and bills for all work done on campus
- Technical support for a diverse group of staff members with unique computing needs
Buyer/Receiving and Inventory Supervisor: