Technical Maintenance Services
- Operation & maintenance of all campus Fire, Intrusion & Security Alarm Systems & components.
- Operation & maintenance of all campus Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration (HVAC/R) systems & components.
- Operation of the Building Automation Systems (BAS) & the Energy Management Control System (EMCS), a campus wide computer network that controls all HVAC/R mechanical systems throughout campus including scheduled equipment run times, temperature control & monitoring and building warm up schedules during cold weather.
- Any changes for heat & ventilation from normal business day scheduling or any after hour’s requests for HVAC systems for classrooms must be coordinated through Energy Management via FM's work Control Center. The HVAC systems run schedules closely follow the building open times for each facility listed on the University Police Department web page.
- Facilities such as areas in the new Academic Instructional Center (AIC) east & west wings, Biology( BI), Chemistry (CB),Communications (CF) and Environmental Studies (ES) HVAC systems typically operate 24/7.
- PM & repairs to campus food service refrigeration equipment
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) complaints & inquiries
- Certification & testing of all campus Fume Hoods
- Programming & maintenance of the Miller Hall Carillon Bell system (The clock chimes)
- Maintenance of clocks connected to the central controller (battery operated clocks are not maintained by FM)
- Testing Adjusting & Balancing (TAB) of HVAC/R systems
- Commissioning of new building systems
- Retro-commissioning of existing building systems
- Preventive Maintenance of the above systems
Supervisor of Technical Maintenance Services:
- Glenn Huschka
- Phone: 650-3741