Work Control Center
The Work Control Center provides the work flow coordination for all Facilities Management (FM) crews.
- Maintain radio field contact with maintenance and operations personnel.
- Performs data entry of all associated data including work requests, FM purchasing, labor and materials.
- Provides centralized support for the receipt, distribution and tracking of all in-house maintenance, renovation and construction projects.
- Schedules and performs "Utility Shutdowns" and other potentially disruptive work necessary for repairs and construction.
- Tracks phone requests for all maintenance repairs.
- Provide guarantee project estimates.
- Provide work scheduling services.
- Coordinate Preventive Maintenance services for all FM clients.
- Provide FAMIS funding authority support in process FAMIS service orders, work orders and projects.
ALL inquiries concerning maintenance repairs, repair requests, jobs in progress, shutdown information, etc. should be made to the WCC directly via phone (650-3420) or by email:
For more information about types of maintenance and requesting FM services see:
- Understanding Maintenance Types and Funding Needs
- Requesting Ordinary Maintenance Services
- Who pays for maintenance throughout campus
- Maintenance Service Definitions
- What's the difference between
- How work is prioritized
Work requests: Remodel/renovation requests should be made via the "FAMIS Self-Service Request" form. The budget authority section must always be filled out even when requesting an estimate.
Typical Requests include:
- Creation/revision of signage including building directory signage.
- Improvements to heating/air conditioning/ventilation systems (often needed when new computers or electronic equipment are added).
- Installation/disassembly of room dividers and office furniture.
- Installation/removal/relocation of blackboards/whiteboards/bulletin boards/shelving, etc.
- Interior painting (when done outside the normal schedule).
- Remodel of an office or existing space.
- Requests for extra custodial service.
- Updates to electrical service (often needed when additional computers and/or other electronic equipment are added).
- Vehicle repairs.
- Academic area locks 650-2757
- Auxiliary area locks (University Residences, Viking Union, Food Services, etc.) 650-3557
- Delivery of supplies, moves furniture, equipment etc. and transport of entire offices and departments.
Telecommunications / Cable Services 650-3600
Jamie Granger, Fiscal Specialist Supervisor
- Phone: (360) 650-4657
William Managan, Assistant Director
- Phone: (360) 650-3077