Accounts Payable - Information

Reimbursements under $75.00

If you are not signed up for Direct Deposit, to receive a cash reimbursement of out-of-pocket university expenses under $75.00, you must complete a Services/Reimbursement Form and present the completed form to the University Cashier. The Services/Reimbursement form can be picked up in the Purchasing Department at 32nd Street.

For travel reimbursements for non-employees: Mail the Services/Reimbursement form referencing the approved TA to Travel Services at MS1420 and note at the top you’d like to be reimbursed cash. Travel will then approve the form and send it to the cashier’s office (see Non-Employee Travel - Student, Guest, Interviewee and Contractor/Speaker/ Performer for more information).

Be sure that all reimbursements comply with Restricted Items regulations.

Local Sales and Use Tax within the City of Bellingham is 8.7%

The rate to use is based on the received date of materials. You can find the WSDOR Local Sales and Use Tax Rates flyer here.

Vendor Maintenance and Creates

Accounts Payable is responsible for all vendor creates and maintenance.

Prior to creation of new vendors it is required to have a W-9. To expedite your request please send a completed W-9 with your form, the W-9 can be scanned and attached to the E-Sign Maintenance Form or faxed to 360-650-7724.

Documentation is required to make any changes to the vendor profile in Banner.

Direct Deposit for Accounts Payable Payments

If you have Direct Deposit, all reimbursements, including travel will be deposited into your Accounts Payable direct deposit account. You will also receive email notification of pending deposits to your account. This means:

  • Never have to wait for a check!
  • No lost or misplaced checks!

Employees not enrolled in direct deposit can review this document for instructions.

Vendors must complete the Direct Deposit Authorization Form.

Destination-Based Sales Tax

Washington retailers delivering goods to customers in Washington must collect sales tax based on where the customer receives the merchandise (the “destination” of the sale).

You can receive updates and get more information by signing up at the Department of Revenue (DOR) website.


If you have any question or concerns regarding any of these items, please contact Donna Foley 360-650-6815.

Page Updated 04.22.2016