All University business activities involving sales of goods and services must be substantially related to supporting the University's mission.
Treasury Services is responsible for the oversight of all University campus commerce activities to ensure:
- sound financial practices
- compliance with all applicable regulatory and tax statutes
- security of all customer data
Schools and departments must be authorized by Treasury Services before engaging in any business activity involving sales of goods and services to ensure operational efficiency throughout the University. All funds must be deposited timely and to the appropriate fund. All fees charged must be approved.
eMarket is a HigherOne® Payment Processing (formerly CASHNet) module that allows departments to collect money for approved services/products/fees via online storefronts. Customers are linked out from a department website to a customized storefront where they can select and pay for items via credit card. The site is PCI compliant and funds are automatically deposited to your department account.
Types of Products/Services in eMarket
Storefronts may be used for a variety of approved products, services, or fees such as:
- membership fees
- event tickets
- physical goods
- test fees
Products/Services Not Allowed
- eMarkets are not intended for payment towards charges posted to a student's account.
- Fees charged to students must be submitted to the Budget Office for consideration and approval.