The GS advisers have put together a Blackboard site for GS majors and pre-majors. Please sign up for it today so you can use it as a resource. Also please feel free to let others know about it.
To sign up for it:
- Log into Blackboard
- Click on the "Courses" tab
- Look for the Search box on the top left portion of the screen
- Search for "General Studies"
- Next to the name "General Studies" in that box, you will see a little grey box
- Click on it
- Click on "Enroll"
- Then on the next screen select "Submit"
- (You might also have to click on an "Okay")
Then when you go to look at your list of courses, the General Studies page should be listed.
It contains a Frequently Asked Questions page, documents and forms you need, and even a discussion forum for you to touch base w/ other GS students.
We'll still use Bullseye for emails and announcements, but we'll also likely post announcements on the Bbd site.
Please don't use the Bbd site as a complete replacement for seeing an adviser, however. We're here to help you out! But many of your basic questions can likely be answered by the Bbd site, as we find ourselves answering the same questions over and over again for students during advising appointments.
We hope you find the site useful!
Dr. Karen Stout
General Studies Advisor