The mission of the Department of Health and Human Development is to educate individuals to improve personal and community wellness and quality of life through human movement, health and leisure experiences.
Goals and Objectives
The goal of the department is excellence in teaching, research and service. Programs in the department:
- Provide professional preparation based on a foundation of liberal education.
- Provide intellectually challenging programs of study through a variety of teaching techniques, including active student involvement in the learning process, practica, service learning and participation in faculty research.
- Provide instruction that enables students to communicate effectively, think critically and creatively and to work cooperatively.
- Provide academic advisement that assists students in achieving their academic and professional goals.
- Prepare students to be competent and ethical professionals who model a commitment to lifelong learning and healthy living.
- Prepare students to be stewards of environments that promote healthy living and quality of life.
- Prepare students to live and work in a culturally diverse society.