Archives and Records Management Certificate Program
The department also offers a post-master’s certificate in archives and records management to students who already possess an advanced degree from an accredited institution.
Admissions: Those seeking the ARM certificate apply to the Graduate School as post-master’s degree candidates. Applicants whose advanced degree is in a field other than history must take at least one history course in addition to certificate requirements (see below). Graduate Record Examination scores are recommended, but not required. See other application information for the History MA program.
ARM Certificate Requirements
ARM certificate students with an advanced degree in history must complete 24 credits.
- ❑ HIST 525 - History and Principles of Archives and Records Management
- ❑ One course from:
- HIST 530 - Arrangement and Description of Archives
- HIST 532 - Records and Information Management
- ❑ HIST 536 - Internship in Archives and Records Management
- ❑ Two of the following:
- HIST 526 - Selection and Appraisal
- HIST 528 - Reference, Access and Outreach
- HIST 530 - Arrangement and Description of Archives (4)
- HIST 532 - Records and Information Management (4)
- HIST 534 - Preservation of Archival Materials
- HIST 538 - Advanced Seminar in Archives and Records Management
- ARM certificate students with an advanced degree in a field other than history must complete 34 credits, plus one additional history course at the 500 level (4 credits).