Special Open Enrollment - International Arrivals
When your spouse/Qualified Domestic Partner and/or dependent(s) first arrive into the United States from another country outside of the 30 day enrollment period
If you are the subscriber and you previously waived medical coverage
- You must enroll yourself in medical insurance.
- You must enroll yourself in medical insurance to add your spouse/Qualified Domestic Partner (QDP) and/or eligible dependent(s) in medical insurance.
- Within 60 days of entering the country, submit these documents to the Benefits Office:
If you are the subscriber and you are currently enrolled in medical and dental coverage
- You may add your spouse/QDP and/or eligible dependent(s) to medical and/or dental coverage.
- You may change your medical and/or dental plan only if you are also enrolling your eligible dependent(s) in the plan.
- You may waive medical insurance for yourself, and medical and/or dental insurance for your eligible dependent(s), only if they all have other comprehensive group medical insurance coverage.
- Within 60 days of entering the country submit these forms to the Benefits Office:
- Spouse/QDP and/or Eligible Dependents: Health insurance coverage begins on the first day of the month following date of entry.
- Plan Change: New health insurance plan coverage begins the first day of the month following the date of entry.
- You may enroll, change, or cancel your participation in these optional tax-savings programs: