Special Open Enrollment - Subscriber or Dependent Becomes Eligible for a Medical Assistance Program
If you are the subscriber and are currently enrolled with medical and dental coverage
- You may change your medical and/or dental insurance plan only if you enroll the newly eligible dependent on your plan.
- You may waive medical insurance for yourself, and medical and/or dental insurance for your eligible dependents only if they all have other comprehensive group medical insurance coverage.
- Within 60 days after notification from the Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS), submit these forms to the Benefits Office:
- Employee Enrollment/Change Form
- Copy of the letter from DSHS indicating you and/or your dependent(s) are eligible for a medical assistance program, such as Medicaid or Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
- Health insurance coverage and/or plan change begins on the first day of the month following notification of eligibility for Medicaid or CHIP.
- If you are waiving coverage, insurance coverage ends the last day of the month in which you were notified of eligibility for Medicaid or CHIP.
- You may enroll, change, or cancel your participation in these optional tax-savings programs:
- Benefits Forms and Publications
- Serious Illness/Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Assistance Program
- Adding a Child to Medical/Dental Insurance