Find out more about the WWURP & VIP plan changes.
Visit www.fidelity.com/wwu to read about the changes, sign up for the June 1st Education Workshop, or schedule a One-On-One Appointment. Visit now, plan changes are effective November 1, 2012.
Eligibility for retirement participation is determined by Benefits Services and is determined based on the employee’s position, classification of position, percent of appointment, and any prior participation in a State of Washington or State of Washington Higher Education Retirement Plan.
Planning for Retirement soon? Use the 6 month guide below to help you through the process.
External links to DRS Website
- DRS Home Page
- DRS Contact Information
- DRS Separation from Service - Not Retirement
- DRS Retirement Outlook Newsletter
- Public Employees Retirement System (PERS)
Western Washington University Retirement Plan (WWURP)
- Required contribution rates are based on the employee’s age. Contributions are made on a tax-deferred basis and are equally matched by the University.
- Age less than 35 --------- 5.0%
- Age 35 and older -------- 7.5%
- Age 50 and older -------- 10.0%
- WWURP Plan Summary
- WWURP Retirement Plan Document
- WWURP Fund Sponsors
- Investment Options
Western Washington University Supplemental Retirement Plan (WWUSRP)
(Only available to employees hired before July 1, 2011)
*The WWUSRP calculation is complex and will be performed once for each qualifying retiree, and only at the effective date of retirement. This calculation requires the assistance of a professional actuary, and is based on both historical rates of return to the date of retirement and the current interest and mortality rates in effect at the time of the actual date of retirement. As a result, Western will not provide projected calculations. Once calculated as of the effective date of retirement, there are no future re-calculations.
Voluntary Retirement Options (DCP & VIP)