Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I send in a resume instead of applying online?
- If I don't have a computer where do I go to complete an online application?
- How do I find out about current Western vacancies including temporary jobs?
- Do I have to join the union?
- How do applicants find out about Western employment benefits?
- How do I find out more information about Bellingham or Whatcom County?
- How are applications screened and when will I be notified of the results of my application?
- You are required to submit your application via our online application system (EASE), unless otherwise noted on the job announcement.
- If you do not have a computer to apply online, you may complete your online application at the Human Resources Department kiosk in Humanities 203 or go to your local library.
- If you have difficulties with the online application, please call 360-650-3774.
- View our Career Opportunities, subscribe to our jobs listserv to receive regular e-mail notifications of current permanent classified staff and professional staff positions, and/or follow our Facebook (Western Employment) and/or Twitter (WWUEmployment).
- All new classified staff must comply with the appropriate bargaining unit agreements including participation and union dues requirements when applicable.
- Please view 'Why Choose WWU As Your Employer of Choice' webpage for information on benefits and more.
- Please view our 'Information About Bellingham' webpage.
- All complete applications submitted on time receive consideration. Finalists selected for an interview are contacted by the hiring department. Unsuccessful applicants may or may not receive notification that they were not selected. The selection process varies depending on the number of applications received and is generally within 6 weeks after the closing date.
You may view your submitted applications by logging in to EASE and clicking 'View Submitted Apps'.