WWU's Human Resources department is now extending Outplacement Services to all state employees in the Bellingham area who are or who may be impacted by a layoff.
Our objective is to provide displaced employees with one on one assistance with:
- Updating or creating professional resumes and cover letters
- Preparing and submitting application materials
- Refreshing interview skills
- Accessing job search and networking resources
- Informally refresh key computer skills
We understand that this is a very difficult time for our employees and their families. The Human Resources staff at Western is committed to working with BTC's HR staff to ensure that all of our employees receive the help and support they need to be successful during this transition.
The Washington State Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is available to all current employees at any time. It is a free service providing confidential and professional assistance to help you and your family cope with the emotions and fears that accompany a layoff, or to help resolve any difficulty you might be having that impacts your personal and professional life.