Job Search Resources
The following resources and websites will provide you with information about job openings and career opportunities.
WWU's Career Services Center
The Career Center is an excellent resource for students and staff alike. They offer assistance with resumes and other hiring materials, interviewing skills and practice, and job search resources.
The Center's Job Opportunity Bulletin Board (JOBB) receives hundreds of employment opportunities from a variety of companies, non-profits and government agencies each week. The board is updated daily and allows students, staff, and alumni to search available full-time jobs by a variety of criteria.
Career Services Center Employer Database - Tools to help you research potential internships, jobs, and/or employers.
Career Fairs and Special Events - Career Services Center has a variety of special events throughout the year to help you explore career opportunities and connect with employers.
Online Resources - Career Services Center favorite and most frequently used websites for job searches
Local Employment Agencies
- Express Personnel Services - 360-734-2457
- Manpower Temporary Service - 360-671-1977
- Kelly Services - 360-647-2207
- Labor Ready - 360-647-7642
- Bayside USA, LLC - 360-671-5221
Worksource Northwest is a nonprofit organization whose services are free to the community. They are an excellent resource for employment assistance. Their staff is extremely knowledgeable about current trends in employment here in Whatcom County and they offer a host of classes, trainings and support to people who are seeking employment.
Visit the Worksource Calendar which lists events, workshops and classes.
Worksource Northwest101 Prospect AvenueBellingham, WA 98225360-676-1521
Consider educational opportunities to expand your skills by accessing information available at state institutions:
- University of Washington
- Bellingham Technical College
- Everett Community College
- Skagit Valley College
- Whatcom Community College
Online Search Engines
Top Hiring Employers of Whatcom County
St. Joseph Hospital
- Established 1891. Operates in Washington, Alaska, and Oregon. Haggen
- With headquarters in Bellingham and 33 supermarkets in the region, Haggen provides many opportunities as Washington's largest independent grocer and seventh-largest private company. Markets LLC
- Established in 1909. Retail grocery. Regional privately owned business. T-Mobile
- Based in Bellevue, T-Mobile USA is a national provider of wireless voice, messaging, and data services capable of reaching more than 268 million Americans where they live, work, and play. Fred Meyer
- Based in Portland, Oregon; operates 128 multi-department stores in four western states. Fred Meyer is a division of The Kroger Co., one of the largest food retailers in the United States. Wal-Mart
- Discount department store opened in Bellingham in August 1996. Wal-Mart is an international company located in 13 countries. Anvil Corp.
- Anvil provides full-service project management, engineering, procurement, technical, and construction management services. Silver Reef Casino
- Established 2002. Full-service destination resort with four restaurants. Semiahmoo Resort
- Semiahmoo Resort is one of Washington's premier oceanfront destination resorts. Nestled on the northern Puget Sound shoreline in Blaine, and overlooking Semiahmoo Bay and Drayton Harbor. Bellingham Cold Storage
- BCS is a full-service public refrigerated warehousing company located in the US Pacific Northwest near the Canadian border. Premier Graphics
- Founded in 1994 as a division of Premier School Agendas, the leading producer of full-color student planners in North America. Horizon Bank
- Horizon Financial Corp. is a bank holding company based in Bellingham. Peoples Bank
- Peoples Bank is an independent community bank based in Lynden. With 25 offices throughout Washington state, the bank serves customers with a full range of business, mortgage and personal banking solutions. Lowe's Home Improvement
- Lowe's of Bellingham is a hardware store that was established in July 2002. Whatcom Educational Credit Union
- Originally chartered in 1936, WECU is a member-owned, not-for-profit financial cooperative. Home Depot
- Home Depot is the world's largest home improvement specialty retailer with stores in all 50 states. Hardware Sales
- Hardware Sales is a landmark in northwest Washington state, and one of the few independent family-owned hardware stores to successfully compete with today's "box" stores. Best Western Lakeway Inn
- Best Western Lakeway Inn is the premier full service hotel in Bellingham. Logos Bible Software
- Since its inception in 1992, Logos Research Systems, Inc. has grown from a couple of programmers in a basement into the largest developer of Bible software and a worldwide leader in multilingual electronic publishing. Bellingham Athletic Club
- BAC has been Bellingham and Whatcom County's Health and Fitness leader since 1975. Totally Chocolate
- Totally Chocolate produces custom chocolate for business clients located in Blaine, WA. Moss Adams
- Moss Adams LLP is the 11th largest accounting and consulting firm in the United States, and the largest headquartered in the West. Industrial Credit Union
- ICU is a cooperative, dedicated to serving the financial needs of its member-owners. Westside Building Supply
- Founded in 1959, WBS is one of the largest independent, family-owned building material retailers in the Pacific Northwest.