Banner 8 Fundamentals
Banner Fundamentals is designed for all beginning Banner users. It is also suitable for new hires or for those who need a refresher in the basics of Banner. This CBT provides the foundation for using Banner 8. After successful completion, learners will be familiar with Banner’s interface and
components, and will be able to navigate in the Banner System. Estimated duration: 3 hours.
After completing this course, you will learn to:
- Use the Banner main menu
- Navigate in Banner
- Access Banner forms
- Describe form components
- Navigate within forms
- Use common Banner functions
- Perform queries
- Access help
- Customize Banner
Running the Application (CBT)
- Go to the directory, W:\B2000\Banner 8 Training\Fundamentals 8
(Note: This is the "W" drive, not an internet link)
NOTE: All Banner users should have access to this directory
- Click on the file Fundamnetals8.exe to run the application
- Macromedia Flash player must be installed. You can download the player from the Adobe/Macromedia website.
Note: Ellucian has also provided some useful "Job Aids" documents in pdf format. These are accessed via the:
- W:\B2000\Banner 8 Training\Fundamentals 8\job aids folder for Banner 8 and
- Adobe Acrobat must be installed.
For questions, comments or help about:
- Application Access or Errors: On-line Computing Help Desk, AC210A, (360) 650-4444, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Specific form content: Your department or Banner module point-of-contact
- Content or customized/dedicated classes: Learning and Development, HU229,(360) 650-4998, Email: HR.Training@wwu.edu or Vic Kiel (360) 650-7418, Email: Vic.Kiel@wwu.edu.