Banner 8 - Human Resources Overview
Banner 8 Human Resources Overview computer-based training (CBT) is designed for individuals who need an overall understanding of the Banner 8 Human Resources System. The goal of the course is to provide learners with an overview of the Banner Human Resources module processes, menus, and terminology.
The course will demonstrate the overall Human Resources process, then explain the purpose of each module within the Banner Human Resources system. Next, users will see how to perform basic tasks in Banner Human Resources and will get an opportunity to view and complete each task. In addition, an interactive demonstration of creating QuickFlows and how they can be used in the Banner Human Resources system will be presented. Learners will be able to practice creating QuickFlows and performing basic Banner Human Resources tasks in a simulated environment. Estimated duration: 2 hours.
The course also includes a printable job aid that can be used as a quick reference guide to the Banner Human Resources system. Unfamiliar terms are easily accessible from a glossary.
Running the Application (CBT)
- Go to the directory, W:\B2000\Banner 8 Training\Human Resources Overview 8
(Note: This is the "W" drive, not an internet link)
NOTE: All Banner users should have access to this directory
- Click on the file HROverview8.exe to run the application
Macromedia Flash player must be installed. You can download the player from the Adobe/Macromedia website.
Note: Ellucian has also provided some useful "Job Aids" documents in pdf format. These are accessed via the:
- W:\B2000\Banner 8 Training\Finance Overview 8\job_aids folder
- Adobe Acrobat must be installed.
For questions, comments or help about:
- Application Access or Errors: On-line Computing Help Desk, AC210A, (360) 650-4444, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Specific form content: Your department or Banner module point-of-contact
- Content or customized/dedicated classes: Learning and Development, HU229,(360) 650-4998, Email: HR.Training@wwu.edu or Vic Kiel (360) 650-7418, Email: Vic.Kiel@wwu.edu.