Student Employee Information

Time Sheets

How do I enroll, change or stop my direct deposit?

All Western employees are encouraged to enroll in direct deposit as a method to receive their paycheck. There are 2 methods to enroll in direct deposit:


    • Login to Web4U
    • Click on "Employee"
    • Click on "Pay Information"
    • Click on "Direct Deposit Enrollment"
    • Read the instructions to create, change, or add up to two banks for direct deposit
    • You can also inactivate a direct deposit by clicking on the bank name and checking the "Inactivate" box


    Enrollment/Cancellation Forms

    Top of Page

Paper Checks

All student employee checks are mailed to your W-2 mailing address. Log on to Web4U to ensure Human Resources has your correct address.

Top of Page

What if I didn’t get paid?

If you didn’t get paid, one of 4 things could have happened:

  • You got paid but your check was mailed to the incorrect W-2 address (Check Web4U to see what address we have on file for you)
  • You got paid but it was sent to an invalid direct deposit bank account (Check Web4U to verify your direct deposit information)
  • Your Personnel Action form has not yet been entered in Banner either because Human Resources did not receive it in time from your department or you have not yet completed your required new hire paperwork
  • Your time sheet wasn’t submitted and/or approved in time
  • Either way, give us a call at 360-650-3774

Top of Page

What if I lost my check?

If you lost your paper check, complete a Replacement Check Request Form and return it to Human Resources, HU 203.

Top of Page

Earning Statements

  • Earning statements are emailed at least two days prior to pay day unless your form of payment is a check
  • Your earning statement can also be viewed on Web4U
  • Your earning statement includes your current and year-to-date earnings, W-4 filing status, benefit deductions, available leave balances, accrual rates, and your adjusted service date
  • If you would prefer to have your earning statement mailed to your W-2 address, complete a  Direct Deposit Earnings Statement Electronic or Paper Selection Form

**You are responsible for reviewing the information and notifying Payroll if an error has occurred**

Top of Page


  • Form W-4 needs to be completed upon hire so that Western can withhold the correct federal income tax from your pay
  • Consider completing a new Form W-4 each year and when your personal or financial situation changes
  • You can view, print & update your W-4 by following these instructions:
    • Log on to Web4U
    • Click on “Employee”
    • Click on “Tax Forms”
    • Click on “W-4 Tax Exemptions/Allowances”
    • You can now view, print or update your W-4
    • To update, click on the “Update” link at the bottom of screen
    • Click on the “HELP” link in upper right corner for further instructions
  • You can also complete a paper W-4 form and return to Human Resources, MS 9054

Top of Page

Social Security & Medicare

According to the IRS, FICA (Social Security and Medicare) taxes do not apply to service performed by students employed by a school, college or university where the student is pursuing a course of study. In most cases, you must be enrolled in 6 credits per quarter to be exempt from FICA

Top of Page


Electronic Consent

  • To support Western's sustainability efforts, all employees are highly encouraged to not have your W-2 mailed to you and access it on-line instead
  • Sign up for Electronic Consent by following these instructions:
    • Log on to Web4U
    • Click on "Employee"
    • Click on "Tax Forms"
    • Click on "Electronic W2 Consent"
    • Review the consent information provided
    • Check the box "Consent to receive W-2 electronically" - Remember, your consent will remain in effect until you go in and unclick this check box
    • Click the "Submit" button

    Top of Page

How to access a copy of your current or past W-2(s)

  • Log on to Web4U (note: if you are no longer an employee of Western, see instructions below on how to access your W-2(s))
  • Click on "Employee"
  • Click on "Tax Forms"
  • Click on "W-2 Year End Earnings Statement" (note: if Western notified you about a correction made to your W-2, click on "C-2c Corrected Wage & Tax Statement" to access your W-2C
  • Select the year of the W-2 you wish to view and click on "Display"
  • To print your W-2, click on "Printable W-2"
  • The printable version is accepted by the IRS

Top of Page

How to update your W-2 mailing address

  • Log on to Web4U
  • Click on "Personal Information"
  • Click on "Addresses and Phones – View/Update"
  • Complete the "Address/Phone Change Form" and follow the instructions provided
  • Note: this is the address that your W-2 will be mailed to you if you elect to have paper copy. This will also be the address that your paper checks will be mailed to if you don't have direct deposit.

Top of Page

Need to update your W-2(s) but no longer an employee?

As a previous employee, you will always have access to the employee information on Web4U, including your W-2(s). If your password has expired, call the Help Desk at 360-650-3333 to have your PIN reset.

Top of Page

Student Employment Center

See Student Employment Handbook and FAQ on the Student Employment Center website.

Top of Page

International Employees

  • If you are an international employee, please complete an International Employee Worksheet
  • Send the form along with copies of your work documents to Human Resources, HU203, MS 9054
  • Call the Payroll Manager at 360-650-6106 with any questions

Top of Page

          AHA 2012 Platinum Achievement 2014 Leaders In Health Care Award Western Sustainability Office Certification
Page Updated 08.27.2015