Faculty & Staff Wellness Program Updates
Spring Quarter classes begin on Tuesday April 1st.
*What's new for Spring Quarter?
- Changes are happening in Benefits - There is a new Wellness Incentive & Tobacco Surcharge:
- Wellness Incentive: All of our exercise programming meets the requirement for a SmartHealth Wellness Program activity, which will count toward earning your Wellness Incentive and saving money on Health Care in 2015!
- Tobacco Surcharge: We have updated our information on free Smoking Cessation Programs to help you avoid the smoking surcharges that will be applied to your monthly premiums, unless you take action.
- Action is required to get the Wellness Incentive & avoid the Tobacco Surcharge! ACT NOW!
- Tai Chi and Walking Group are back for Spring Quarter!
- We have hired three awesome, new instructors: Art Baner (Tai Chi), Summer Cushman (MW Noon Yoga) & Mary Wenneborg (Walking Group)!
- Noon Yoga classes will now be located in the great space of Carver 60!
- Now offering a 30 Minute Fitness Class!
- Try our new, flexible, 1 day per week Yoga Pass.
- Check out our Healthy Living Blogs: Sasquatch in the Kitchen & My Healthiest Quarter Yet! Get awesome healthy living tips, and step by step recipes.
- Write and comment or question on the blog and we will get back to you!
- See our Programs Page: Click on a class you are interested in, and read the details carefully... some days, times, locations & instructors have changed.
*Congratulations to our Winter Wellness Employee of the Quarter: Bob Finch!
- To see a feature on Bob, a full list of Winter 2014 nominees, or to learn about the award, click here!
*The Faculty & Staff Wellness Program is proud to be the WINNER of Seattle Business Magazine's Leaders in Health Care Award for Achievement in Wellness Programs:
*Western has been designated as a Platinum Fit-Friendly Worksite by the American Heart Association for the 3rd year in a row!
*Free Nutrition Seminar Series with Registered Dietitian Sarah Richey:
- Did you miss a session? Don't worry, we recorded it: Watch it online now!
*Check out our free Employee Development Training offerings: Click Here for details.
*Try one of our free Yoga Videos online at your own desk!
*Check out the Wade King Faculty/Staff Reduced Hours Membership Pilot Program
Active Minds Changing Lives
Program Mission & Vision:
Our mission is to create a supportive environment that encourages a healthy lifestyle encompassing the physical, mental, emotional, social, occupational and spiritual dimensions of wellness.
We are committed to educating, facilitating, and supporting decisions and actions of wellness by program participants.
- Are you just starting to exercise, but need help on what to do next? Sign up for our free Confidential Wellness Consultation!
Got a great idea for the Faculty & Staff Wellness Program? We want it!
- Share your ideas at:email@example.com