Currently Offered Programs
(Updated for Fall Quarter 2015)
We strive to offer quality exercise classes with quality instruction!
Our offerings are diverse:
- We have noon-1:00, 12:15-12:45 & 1:00-1:30 class times. *For our hour long classes during the day, they will begin at about 5-10 minutes after the hour, and end about 10 minutes before the hour to accommodate for lunchtime travel.
- We use many locations on campus: Student Rec Center: Studio A (222), B (201), Court A, and MAC Court, Viking Union Building 565/MPR/714 and outside classes that meet at various locations around campus.
- We offer classes for very beginning exercisers, all the way to advanced fitness gurus, and everything in-between!
- All of our classes are geared toward Western's population needs and time constraints.
- Due tothe Carver rennovation, there is no available access to Carver Gym, including the showers.
Fall classes go from Sept. 24th - December 11th.
If your classes are located in the Student Rec Center (SRC), you do NOT need to purchase an additional membership to attend classes. Your registration in the Wellness Class gets you into the SRC for that hour on the allotted days. You may use the bathroom and locker room while you are there for your class. You DO need to bring a photo ID EVERY TIME you enter the SRC. You will approach the front desk as you come in, show them your ID, they will locate you on the proper class roster, and you can head to your class. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Lap Swim: Open Lap Swim is now offered!
Tuesday & Thursday Yoga: Now in the Rec Center!
Power Flow (Vinyasa) Yoga: Now on Mondays with Melanie & Fridays with Senna! Now in the Rec Center!
Whole Body Fitness: Back to Mondays AND Wednesdays!
Meditation: Returning with Ronna on Mondays!
Other Wellness Offerings