Financial Aid

Financial Aid may pay for your Term-based online or Self-paced Independent Leanring courses if you are an admitted Western student and have applied for financial aid.

Important Note: Independent Learning classes are self-supporting courses that are charged a different fee rate than on-campus courses. Although students may use the credit from independent learning classes to fulfill satisfactory academic progress, the tuition for the classes will be in addition to on campus tuition.

Courses will be charged to the student account and will be paid for by financial aid after on campus tuition has been paid. If you have extra monies left over in your package for books or living expenses this will effect the balance of your aid.

Students who currently receive or anticipate receiving any financial aid from Western must complete and have grades submitted by the end of the registered quarter to assure continued eligibility (SAP) for financial aid.

Self-Sustaining tuition courses do not qualify for Western Grant or Tuition Waiver funding. If you have concerns about your aid eligibiligy or want more information about taking Independent Learning courses and using financial aid visit the Financial Aid website. |    Extended Education |   WWU |   360.650.3650