International Programs & Exchanges (IPE) works with faculty and staff, and study abroad programs for the coordination, development and promotion of a broad array of international education programs to prepare students for global leadership and citizenship. IPE programs and activities include classroom-based and experiential activities, both on-campus and abroad. IPE offers quality services to visiting international students and scholars, recognizing their critical role in the internationalization of the campus.
IPE fosters international expertise by facilitating faculty and student international exchanges and study abroad in keeping with the quality, community, mission and strategic goals of Western Washington University. IPE is guided by the "Principles for International Educational Exchange" (NAFSA: Association of International Educators) and the Forum on Education Abroad's Standards of Good Practice for Education Abroad to do the following:
- coordinate the University's comprehensive relationships with selected higher education institutions outside the U.S.;
- advise WWU students on study abroad and international exchange;
- provide services to international students, scholars and visiting faculty at WWU;
- provide faculty with information and support to teach abroad and to develop short-term study abroad programs;
- collaborate with other campus departments or offices.