James Joseph Ryan Scholarship for International Studies
Scholarships are available to undergraduate or graduate students accepted into an approved study abroad or international exchange program through International Programs and Exchanges. Applicants must demonstrate both financial need and merit.
- Currently enrolled students who will have sophomore, junior, senior or graduate status during the 2013-2014 academic year.
- Students must be accepted to an approved study abroad or international exchange program through International Programs and Exchanges.
- Students must demonstrate academic achievement and financial need.
Scholarship funds applied first for travel expenses, then for miscellaneous expenses.
Application deadline is April 26, 2013.
Scholarship Application Procedures for WWU Scholarships
- Download application packet. Complete all information requested on the Scholarship Application Form including Supplemental Information. You may use the same Application Form if you are applying for more than one of the above scholarships.
- Submit a one-page statement explaining why you want to study abroad and what you hope to do with your international study experience.
- Using the required forms, submit two completed Scholarship Recommendation Forms, at least one from a Western Washington University faculty member.
- Provide grade transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Submit the original application materials in the following order: Scholarship Application Form, Supplemental Information, statement of why you want to study abroad, Scholarship Recommendation Forms and unofficial transcripts.
Important: It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that the completed application materials are on file in International Programs and Exchanges by the deadline. The International Programs Advisory Committee will not accept incomplete or late applications.