William H. Bryant Memorial Scholarship
Scholarships are available to students accepted into an approved study abroad or international exchange program through International Programs and Exchanges. Preference shall be given to students studying more than one language and/or students planning to teach a foreign language.
- Currently enrolled students who will have sophomore, junior, senior or graduate status during the 2013-2014 academic year.
- Students must be accepted to an approved study abroad or international exchange program through International Programs and Exchanges.
Preference shall be given to students studying more than one language (not including birth language). Can include students studying certain aspects of spoken English, such as Ebonics, dialects, and patois.
- Preference shall be given to students who emphasize the study and practice of the spoken foreign language, both in the classroom and while studying abroad; students planning to teach a foreign language.
Application deadline is April 26, 2013.
Scholarship Application Procedures for WWU Scholarships
- Download application packet. Complete all information requested on the Scholarship Application Form including Supplemental Information. You may use the same Application Form if you are applying for more than one of the above scholarships.
- Submit a one-page statement explaining why you want to study abroad and what you hope to do with your international study experience.
- Using the required forms, submit two completed Scholarship Recommendation Forms, at least one from a Western Washington University faculty member.
- Provide grade transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Submit the original application materials in the following order: Scholarship Application Form, Supplemental Information, statement of why you want to study abroad, Scholarship Recommendation Forms and unofficial transcripts.
Important: It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that the completed application materials are on file in International Programs and Exchanges by the deadline. The International Programs Advisory Committee will not accept incomplete or late applications.