Journalism Department Assessment Plan
Read our Department's Mission Statement.
Download a PDF of our Department's Assessment Plan.
- Periodic review of national accreditation standards for journalism and public relations programs.
- Annual review of program by Professional Advisory Committee.
- Review by Pacific Northwest Newspaper Association evaluators every four years.
- Review of student performance (e.g. exams, papers, publications, presentations, assignments, etc.)
- Review of student course evaluations quarterly.
- Responses from student supervisors during internship program.
- Faculty visits to internship locations quarterly.
- Senior exit interviews.
- Awards to student media in competitive local, regional and national judging.
- Student graduation and retention rates.
- Focus groups with majors to gain feedback on program.
- Survey of student publications staff members and editors.
Assessment Results: Continuous Improvement
Our assessment measures are used to enhance and improve our program to meet student needs and needs of the profession.