Interested in working for LEAD?
Check out our work study opening (please note: You must have work study as part of your financial aid award before applying for this position).
If you are interested in what we are up to this year sign up for our newsletter & you will be automatically sent an update in Sept.
Everybody is welcome and appreciated!
You don't need to be a Western student, faculty, staff or enrolled in a specific class to come to any of our work parties. Come volunteer at a site close to campus or discover a new area within the Bellingham community.
Your support helps restore native environments and increase biodiversity. Sign up for a work party or bring your own environmantal learning, action or discovery project to our AS Club meeting.
What to Wear - and Not!Please come Prepared:
- LEAD works rain or shine, so wear your best working outfit
- Wear warm clothing that you don't mind getting wet or dirty
- Layers are best because the weather often changes during the work party
- Make sure your shoes are waterproof (Uggs are not usually waterproof unless you have sprayed them)
- Bring a waterbottle to help you stay hydrated
- We provide work gloves but bringing an extra set of regular gloves never hurts :-)
Looks that LEAD!
Looks that lose!
This quarter we have been supported by KIND by their very KIND donations of KIND bars for our Work Parties and Meetings. KIND is actively supporting us in the hundreds of hours of environmental restoration and protection that we are providing to the City of Bellingham, Nooksack Salmon Enhancement Association, Washington Conservation Corps, Sehome Hill Arboretum and on WWU campus.
We are currently at 145 volunteers providing 348 hours of service with 2 more work parties to go!
- New or gently used gardening tools
- New or gently used tarps
- New gardening gloves
- New or gently used buckets
- Non-perishable snackbars for work party volunteers - Thank you KIND!!!!
- Food or beverages for our work party volunteers
If you are able to donate anything from our wish list, you can bring it to our office (or we will gladly pick it up).
Please contact us so we can make an appointment meet and thank you in person :-)
Directions to Our Office Viking Commons, Room 24:
- Start in front of the doors to the Viking Commons dining hall (not in front of the Viking Union entrance).
- Begin walking down the hill on the sidewalk.
- At the end of the Viking Commons building take a left down the ramp.
- At the end of the ramp, there will be two double doors to your left.
- VC 24 (our shared office) is the second door on the right, inside the double doors.
If you are able to donate a gift card, you can send it to...
LEAD Office, MS9106
Western Washington University
516 High Street
Bellingham, WA 98225