Become a Peer Leadership Educator!
Develop Your Leadership! Give Back to Your Campus Community!
LeaderCorps is an exciting new opportunity for young leaders of all kinds to develop their teaching, training and leadership skills by designing and teaching leadership workshops for student organizations on campus.
Why Become a Peer Leadership Educator?
There are so many reasons to become a LeaderCorps member!
- Developing leadership through teaching others
- Hands-on experience teaching student leaders on campus
- Developing the skills to teach and train adult learners
- Making a greater contribution to your favorite club, organization, or work place
- Learning about your personal leadership style more deeply and fully
- Earning course credits in leadership
- The LeaderCorps program is meant to support an ongoing group of students as they teach and develop.
- Take SAA 340: Paraprof. Student Adv: Peer Leadership Education in the Spring Engage in group projects, discussions and lessons to gain the ability to train student leaders Learn with and from a dedicated teacher team and a small group of close-knit students Work with a small group to complete a Service Learning project by designing and presenting an active training module
- Take SAA 341: Practicum Collaborate with LeaderCorps faculty and fellow members to use your new skills to design trainings or lessons for any team or organization
The mission of LeaderCorps is to provide high-quality peer leadership education for the development of student leaders at WWU by developing and presenting adult learning modules covering a wide variety of leadership topics.
LeaderCorps also strives to provide excellent training for all our members and a cooperative atmosphere where students’ leadership identities can grow and prosper. No matter where you work, volunteer, or play on campus, you will be able to contribute your new skills anywhere.
For information on joining LeaderCorps, inviting Peer Leadership Educators to your class or organization, donating, or any other
questions, please contact us at:
Western’s Leadership Advantage
LEADS Program, VU 506B
download brochure: LeaderCorps Brochure