About the WWU Campus Map
The WWU Campus Map is an interactive webmap was developed by Western Washington University (WWU) students at the Spatial Institute (SI) within Huxley College of the Environment. This map was developed for WWU Academic Technology and User Services (ATUS) to provide tools for campus navigation and exploration. Spatial data for this project has been collected from multiple campus and City of Bellingham sources.
- Use the Features dropdown menu to turn different layers of campus map features on / off
- Use the Building, Services, Key Places or Department dropdown menus to zoom to a particular location on campus
- Use the Legend button to open / close a Map Key
- Click on a building (or other map feature) for additional information and links
- Click and drag the map to Pan across the campus
- The zoom slider (upper right) can be used to Zoom in / out
- The mouse scroll wheel can also be used to Zoom in / out
- Hold down the shift button and left-click-hold-drag to drag a box around a particular area of interest to zoom in to that area
CUSTOM URL's (see notes and list below)
- Departments and Offices on campus can use a custom URL to link to the map zoomed in directly to their building
- Custom URL's can also be used to link to the map with different individual layers turned ON already (i.e., a Parking map with the Parking features turned on)
- See list of building and Feature layer URL's below, along with notes on using these URL's
Cartography by Josh Jones with technical help from Jacob Lesser, Ben Kane and Stefan Freelan, 2011-12.
Feedback, edits or suggestions for the map are welcome: Stefan@wwu.edu
Paper designed by John Caserta from The Noun Project. Chair designed by Liza Keller from The Noun Project. Book designed by Alessandro Suraci from The Noun Project. Star from The Noun Project. Institution designed by Spencer Cohen from The Noun Project. Museum designed by Joris Hoogendoorn from The Noun Project. Globe from The Noun Project.
Lookout Tower from The Noun Project. Camera from The Noun Project. Bus designed by Roger Cook and Don Shanosky from The Noun Project. Coffee designed by Roger Cook and Don Shanosky from The Noun Project. Restaurant designed by Roger Cook and Don Shanosky from The Noun Project. Bicycle designed from The Noun Project. Scooter designed from The Noun Project.
Other map icons created by students at WWU, 2012.
The Spatial Institute is a part of Huxley College of the Environment at Western Washington University in Bellingham, WA. The Spatial Institute provides a venue for collaborative research and exchange of spatial information and analysis among Huxley College faculty, students and staff and the larger community.
Academic Technology and User Services is a department within Western Washington University whose employees are dedicated to effectively integrating technological services in the campus educational experience.
Related Map Links:
- WWU Interactive Campus Map
- WWU Buildings Web Pages
- WWU Printable Map
- WWU Printable Parking Map
- WWU Campus Accessibility Map
- ATUS Computer Labs
- Construction Projects
- Campus Food Locations Map
- WWU Office of Sustainability Green Map
- Bike Paths
- WWU Crime Map
Related Building Information Links:
- Accessibility Information
- Residential Hall Floor plans
- Academic Building Floor plans
- University Dining - Residential
- University Dining - Retail
- Environmental Health & Safety Drinking Water Results
- WWU Office of Sustainability Green Buildings
Custom URL Map Links:
Departments, offices, services, events and individuals are encouraged to use a Custom URL to link directly to the building they wish to highlight. Additional, map links can be used that will display the map with a specified Feature layer (i.e., Parking, Accessibility, Food Services, etc.) turned ON. Below is a list of custom URL's that can be used for the different layers and building.
Custom URL's that will draw the map with a specific Feature Layer turned ON:
- Accessibility Map: http://www.wwu.edu/map/index.html?features=accessibility
- Parking Map: http://www.wwu.edu/map/index.html?features=parking
- Emergency Phones Map: http://www.wwu.edu/map/index.html?features=emergency
- Transportation Map: http://www.wwu.edu/map/index.html?features=transportation
. (Bus Stops & Bike Racks)
- Computer Labs Map: http://www.wwu.edu/map/index.html?features=computers
- Food Services Map: http://www.wwu.edu/map/index.html?features=dining
- Campus Outdoor Sculpture Tour Map: http://www.wwu.edu/map/index.html?features=tour
- Current Construction Projects Map: http://www.wwu.edu/map/index.html?features=construction
Custom URL's that will ZOOM the map to a specific Building:
And if you want a truly custom map, you can also combine multiple Feature layers and/or Feature layer(s) with a specific Building location. For example:
- Map with Computer Labs and Food Services turned On:
- The Viking Union with the Accessibility layer turned On:
- Arntzen Hall with Transportation and Parking turned On: