Minority Employees Council
The Minority Employee Council is an advisory board that makes recommendations to the President via the Special Assistant to the President on Diversity on all matters pertaining to diversity, or issues that affect faculty/staff of color. The Council also serves as a catalyst for social engagement and community for faculty and staff of color. All activities shall advance the educational and cultural philosophical principles of inclusiveness and advocacy, and engender mutual respect for all groups.
- To foster a better understanding of diversity through joint programs and open dialogues.
- To advocate on behalf of the diverse staff/faculty populations.
- To increase the amount of faculty and staff of color to be more representative of the population.
- Work to build a more inclusive university environment.
- To promote and provide a place for community and social interaction among faculty and staff of color.
To support and advise programs to promote and increase retention of faculty and staff of color.