Human Resources New Employee Orientation 2017
We are pleased to invite you to attend Western’s general all-staff new employee orientation (NEO), which is available to all new employees. We want you to be well informed as you join the Western community. Some of these new hire activities are required, and others are optional, as detailed below.
It is required that all new faculty participate in the following:
- During the first week of employment, complete the required 40 minute online training Haven for Employees: Understanding and Preventing Sexual Violence. This training provides important information about how to support survivors, as well the Title IX rights and responsibilities of faculty, staff, and students.
- A session of the required Sexual Harassment Prevention Training will be offered for new faculty on September 19, as a part of the optional training session. If you are unable to attend, register online to attend a session . This must be done within the first six months of employment, and we encourage employees to complete this requirement as soon as possible. Upcoming dates are:
- October 4, 10:00 am to 12:00 pm VU 567
- October 10, 10:00 am to 12:00 pm VU 567
It is recommended that all new faculty participate in the following:
1. Reserve a date to attend one of the next available 3-hour live-NEO classes. Contact HR reception (360) 650-3774 or HR@wwu.edu to register for one of the following dates:
- August 30, 8:30 am to 12:00 pm
- September 27, 8:30 am to 12:00 pm
2. On your first day of employment, watch Western’s 90-minute set of New Employee Information Videos, which address campus emergency preparedness, policy, and benefits information. (Benefits information does not apply to all.)
3. Contact HR to schedule an individualized benefits consultation as needed at (360) 650-6841 or Jocylynn.Kelley@wwu.edu.
4. Consider attending at least one of the quarterly New Employee Networking Events. HR will send out invitations.
5. Consider attending any of the ongoing New Employee campus services and facilities tours. HR will send out invitations.
Again, welcome to Western. Please feel free to call HR with any questions or concerns. We are all here to support your success!