Personal Safety

Student safety and well-being is something we care very much about at Western Washington University. When you move off campus, you may face new or different safety concerns, but your access to campus and community resources remains the same. We have compiled some tips so that you can keep your stuff safe, keep yourself safe, and know where to go in case you do need help.

Home Safety

Western's Department of Safety and University Police have compiled some really helpful tips regarding home safety. Find this information and more on their website. For further information on staying safe contact Bellingham Police Crime Prevention Officers at 360.676.6924, or University Police Sergeant David Garcia at 360.650.4141.

Interpersonal Safety

If you have experienced sexual violence and need support and resources, please visit Western's Together Against Sexual Violence Website for resources and reporting options.

  • Western's CASAS is a confidential resource that can assist you in knowing more about your options through Western and throughout Whatcom County.
  • Western's Equal Opportunity Office is another source of advice and assistance available to students.
Page Updated 11.22.2017