Renter's Guide

Finding a Place

Touring the Rental

Landlord/Tentant Rights and Responsibilities

Rental Conditions and Repairs

Utilities, Renter's Insurance, and Voter Registration

  • Garbage, Recycling, and Compost: Sanitary Service Company, Inc | 360.734.3490
  • Water and Sewage: City of Bellingham Finance Department | 360.778.8010
    • EMERGENCY: If you have a water pipe break, or suspect a water main leak, call City of Bellingham Public Works at 360.676.6850 during regular working hours or 360.676.6896 after hours.
  • Electricity: Puget Sound Energy | 1.888.225.5773
    • EMERGENCY: If you experience a power outage or electric hazardous condition, call a Puget Sound Energy (PSE) representative 24 hours a day toll-free at 1.888.225.5773.
  • Gas: Cascade Natural Gas | 1.888.522.1130
    • EMERGENCY: You can report a gas leak, carbon monoxide alarm, line break, or any other gas service emergency by contacting Cascade Natural Gas at 1.888.522.1130, 24 hours a day. Please do not make emergency requests via email or the Internet.
  • Mail Delivery: U.S. Postal Service
  • Renters Insurance:'s Renters Insurance Guide
  • Renters Insurance: Consumer Affairs' Renters Insurance Comparison Review
  • Voter Registration: Whatcom County Auditor, 360.676.6742 OR at My Vote

Budgeting and Paying Bills

Commuter Living

Your Bellinghome

Home and Personal Safety

Get Involved In Your Community

  • Visit the Off Campus Living page for links and information about volunteer and service learning opportunities in Whatcom County!
Page Updated 07.20.2016