Finding a Place
Touring the Rental
Landlord/Tentant Rights and Responsibilities
Rental Conditions and Repairs
Utilities, Renter's Insurance, and Voter Registration
- Garbage, Recycling, and Compost: Sanitary Service Company, Inc | 360.734.3490
- Water and Sewage: City of Bellingham Finance Department | 360.778.8010
- EMERGENCY: If you have a water pipe break, or suspect a water main leak, call City of Bellingham Public Works at 360.676.6850 during regular working hours or 360.676.6896 after hours.
- Electricity: Puget Sound Energy | 1.888.225.5773
- EMERGENCY: If you experience a power outage or electric hazardous condition, call a Puget Sound Energy (PSE) representative 24 hours a day toll-free at 1.888.225.5773.
- Gas: Cascade Natural Gas | 1.888.522.1130
- EMERGENCY: You can report a gas leak, carbon monoxide alarm, line break, or any other gas service emergency by contacting Cascade Natural Gas at 1.888.522.1130, 24 hours a day. Please do not make emergency requests via email or the Internet.
- Mail Delivery: U.S. Postal Service
- Renters Insurance: InsuranceQuotes.org's Renters Insurance Guide
- Renters Insurance: Consumer Affairs' Renters Insurance Comparison Review
- Voter Registration: Whatcom County Auditor, 360.676.6742 OR at My Vote
Budgeting and Paying Bills
Home and Personal Safety
Get Involved In Your Community
- Visit the Off Campus Living page for links and information about volunteer and service learning opportunities in Whatcom County!
Western Washington University