Office of Survey Research
The Office of Survey Research (OSR) provides high quality survey research that supports the mission of Western Washington University in a cost-effective manner. In particular, OSR surveys students, alumni, employers, and the campus community to provide valuable assessment and institutional data, analysis, and reports which can be used for improvement of programs, instruction, faculty scholarship, and information services.
OSR is responsible for developing and administering the Western Educational Longitudinal Study (WELS), including baseline surveys of incoming students, second-year surveys, exit surveys of graduating students, and alumni surveys. See WELS Survey Design.
- OSR supports assessment and accountability research at Western;
- OSR is responsible for developing and administering WELS;
- OSR provides instruction in survey research methods and employment opportunities for students at Western, particularly sociology majors.
Reports Published 2014-2015
- Exit Survey of Undergraduate Students Completing Degrees in Summer 2013, Fall 2013, Winter 2014, and Spring 2014
Reports Published 2013-2014
- Spring 2014 Follow-up Survey of Freshmen Who Entered Western in Fall of 2012
- WELS Baseline Survey of Freshman Entering Western in the Fall, 2013
- WELS Baseline Survey of Transfers Entering Western in the Fall, 2013
- Exit Survey of Graduate Students Completing Degrees in Fall 2012, Winter 2013, Spring 2013, and Summer 2013
- Exit Survey of Undergraduate Students Completing Degrees in Summer 2012, Fall 2012, Winter 2013, and Spring 2013
- Fall 2013 Survey of Non-Returning Students
- Spring 2013 Follow-up Survey of Freshmen Who Entered Western in Fall of 2011