Office of Survey Research
The Office of Survey Research (OSR) provides high quality survey research that supports the mission of Western Washington University in a cost-effective manner. In particular, OSR surveys students, alumni, employers, and the campus community to provide valuable assessment and institutional data, analysis, and reports which can be used for improvement of programs, instruction, faculty scholarship, and information services.
OSR is responsible for developing and administering the Western Educational Longitudinal Study (WELS), including baseline surveys of incoming students, second-year surveys, exit surveys of graduating students, and alumni surveys. See WELS Survey Design.
- OSR supports assessment and accountability research at Western;
- OSR is responsible for developing and administering WELS;
- OSR acts as a research unit within the Sociology Department at Western;
- OSR provides instruction in survey research methods and employment opportunities for students at Western, particularly sociology majors and graduate students
Reports Published 2013-2014
Reports Published 2012-2013
- 2012 Staff Engagement and Diversity Climate Survey Report
- 2012 Alumni Report
- 2012 Exit Survey of Graduate Students
- WELS Baseline Survey of Freshmen Entering Western in the Fall, 2012
- WELS Baseline Survey of Transfers Entering Western in the Fall, 2012
- Spring 2012 Follow-up Survey of Freshmen Who entered Western in Fall of 2010
- Spring 2012 Exit Survey of Undergraduate Students