Derrick Mears, Ph.D., A.T.C.
Kinesiology and Physical Education Program
|Office:||Carver Gym 106 (Campus Map, Mailing Address)|
- Bachelor of Science, Physical Education-Biological Science Central Missouri State University, Warrensburg, Missouri
- Master of Science, Physical Education, Exercise and Sport Science, with Athletic Training Emphasis, Central Missouri State University, Warrensburg, MO.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Kinesiology-Pedagogy, Adapted Movement Science & Educational Technology cognates, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR
- Influence of high school physical education on life-time physical activity.
- Impact of instructional technology on improving teacher behavior.
- Instructional technology software development for high school and university level physical education courses.
Derrick Mears, Ph.D., A.T.C. is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Physical Education, Health and Recreation at Western Washington University and specializes in secondary physical education pedagogy.
Before coming to Western he was a physical educator, athletic trainer, science and gifted education teacher for 11 years in public schools in Missouri and lecturer in the department of Physical Education, Health and Recreation at the University of Arkansas.
PE 440 Block III-Secondary Physical Education
PE 440p Middle School Physical Education Practicum
PE 441 Block IV-Secondary Physical Education
PE 441p High School Physical Education Practicum
PE 443 Adapted Physical Education Methods and Practicum
KIN 422 Professional Issues in Health and Exercise Settings