Phone: (360) 650-4143
Office: AH 407
- M.A., Ph.D., Political Science, University of British Columbia
- B.A., University of Hanover, Germany
- Political Parties and Party Systems in Advanced Industrial Democracies
- Western European Politics
- European Integration and the European Union
- Anti-Political Establishment Parties: A Comparative Analysis (London and New York: Routledge, 2004).
- with Steffen Schneider, "Big Fish in Small Ponds: A Comparison of Dominant Parties in the Canadian Provinces and German Lander" in Matthijs Bogaards and Francoise Boucek (eds.). Dominant Parties and Democracy: Concepts, Measures, Cases and Comparisons (London and New York: Routledge, 2010), pp. 77-97.
- with Alan Siaroff, "Austria: Divergence within Limits" in Dan Hough and Charlie Jeffery (eds.). Devolution and Electoral Politics: A Comparative Exploration (Manchester: Manchester University Press, 2006).
- with Alan Siaroff, "The Kingmaker Is Dead, Long Live The Kingmaker: Examining The Degree Of Influence Of Small Parties In The Coalition-Formation Process In Germany", German Politics 20, 2 (June 2011): 243-259.
- with Thomas C. Lundberg, "Doomed to Failure? UKIP and the Organisational Challenges Facing Right-Wing Populist Anti-Political Establishment Parties", Parliamentary Affairs, 62, 1 (January 2009): 72-87.
- "Challenges to established parties: The effects of party system features on the electoral fortunes of anti-political-establishment parties," European Journal of Political Research, 41, 4 (June 2002): 551-583.