Vernon D. Johnson
Phone: (360) 650-4874
Office: AH 439
- M.A., Ph.D., Political Science, Washington State University
- B.A., Political Science, Akron University
- Comparative settler and post-settler colonialism
- African Politics
- Revolution in the Global South
- Development Studies
- The Structural Origins of Revolution in Africa. Lewiston, New York: Edwin Mellen
- "The Question of Revolution in the Twenty-first Century: The Case of Zimbabwe," The
Black Scholar, vol. 37, no. 1, 2007
- "Globalization and the Study of Development," in Wilbur Rich, ed. African American
Perspectives on Political Science. Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 2007
- with Elizabeth Frombgen, "Populist Nationalism in the United States," Social Identities, September, 2009.
- "Immigration and Domestic Politics in South Africa: Contradictions of the Rainbow Nation," Ethnic Studies Review, vol. 33, no. 1, 2010.