- Supplemental Application Form
- Current WWU transcript - unofficial academic history from the web is sufficient
- Other unofficial college transcripts - or Transfer Equivalency Report, if applicable
- Writing Sample - generally a term paper or report
Washington State Legislature Application
- Washington State Legislature Policy Internship Application - The faculty sponsor will be announced Fall Quarter.
- Cover Letter - If you need ideas Career Services in OM 280 has information about writing cover letters - ask for the Job Search Success Packet. Be sure to personalize your letter. Reviewers will evaluate your letter-writing skills and proofreading abilities.
- Resume - Some of the material from your resume will be entered on the Legislature's formal application. On your resume you can be more specific about your job experiences, volunteer work, school activities, particular skills, etc.
- Written essay - See specific directions in the application.
- Two letters of recommendation
- One reference letter from a faculty member addressing your writing and research skills and your general academic performance
- One reference letter from a personal acquaintance addressing your character and work ethic
Letters of recommendation should be addressed to "Intern Coordinators". Letters may be emailed by the recommender to email@example.com, included with the application packet, or mailed directly - in which case they must be sealed in an envelope with the recommender's signature across the flap. Please indicate on your application whether letters are included or being sent separately.
Letters may be sent directly to:
Legislative Internship Program
P.O. Box 40482
Olympia, WA 98504-0482