Bachelor of Arts - Economics/Political Science
This major is available for students who have a strong interest in both of these disciplines and whose career interests lie, for example in government or the legal profession.
- DSCI 205 - Business Statistics or equivalent
- MATH 124 or MATH 157
- ECON 206, 207, 303, 306, 307, 310
- PLSC 250, 261
- PLSC 271 or 291
- PLSC 427 or PLSC 462
- ECON 491 or PLSC 491
- One of the following: PLSC 346 or PLSC 372 or PLSC 390
- 12 additional credits in upper-division economics courses, under departmental advisement
- 9 additional credits from the American Politics and Public Policy field
- 4 additional credits from the Political Theory field
- 8-9 additional credits in upper-division Political Science electives to complete the total required for the program
- Take one Communications Focus course and complete a minimum of three writing proficiency points in approved upper-division writing proficieny courses (WP3) at WWU with a minimum grade of C-. The CF course must be taken within the College of Business and Economics. These requirements can be completed as part of the above required and elective credits. Consult the Timetable of Classes for the specific course sections that fulfill the CF and WP3 requirements.
For major evaluation/plan of study forms please see the Forms section of the website.