Bachelor of Arts - Political Science/Social Studies
The requirements for the history portion of this major have changed for 2012-13!
Political Science Courses (50 credits)
- PLSC 250
- 18 additional credits in American Politics and Public Policy field
- 8 Credits in each of the following two areas:
- Political Theory field
- International and Comparative Politics field
- Balance of credits in Political Science Electives
Social Studies Courses (42-46 credits)
- One course from:
- ANTH 201
- SOC 221
- SOC 251
- SOC 255
- SOC 260
- SOC 268
- ECON 206 or ECON 446(preferred)
- ECON 207 or ECON 447(preferred)
- ENVS 204
- 2 additional ENVS credits (ENVS 221 preferred)
- HIST 103
- HIST 104
- HIST 121
- HIST 123
- HIST 391
To receive a recommendation for state of Washington certification, students must complete the teacher certification program, including the contents method course SEC 426, which is offered by the Department of Secondary Education as:
- Part of the undergraduate Bachelor of Arts degree, or
- As a post-baccalaureate program, or
- As a part of the master's in Education degree.
Completion of this combined major leads to endorsement in social studies. Courses required for a state teaching endorsement must be completed with a grade of C (2.0) or better.
For major evaluation/plan of study forms please see the Forms section of the website.