Team Recognition Award
The Team Recognition Award recognizes a group or team of staff and faculty (and possibly students) who exemplify cooperation, collaboration and open communication. The group receiving the award must be comprised of supportive team players who worked in partnership on a project that significantly advanced departmental goals and/or University Mission.
To be considered, the team must meet the following criteria:
- Contribute to a group effort having a significant impact on departmental goals and/or University Mission
- Build effective collaborative relationships across different groups or departments within the organization
- Work to reach agreements while considering multiple perspectives
- Create a team environment that promotes cooperation, communication, trust, and respect for differences
- Develop a partnership that seeks input and involvement of those affected by decisions
- Place team goals above personal goals while achieving a distinctive result or product
- All nominations must be submitted via the on-line nomination form by 5 p.m. Friday, May 25, 2012.
- Nominations may be made by any university faculty or staff member. The team of faculty and/or staff may also include students.
- The President, Provost, and Vice Presidents will review all nominations and make the final selection.
The winning team will be recognized at Opening Convocation on Sept. 20, 2012.
Previous award winners:
Institutional Scholarship and Waiver Streamlining Project
The Institutional Scholarship and Waiver Streamlining Project is composed of a committed team who collaboratively designed, wrote, tested and implemented software to more efficiently provide critical funding, student attribute, awarding and disbursement information to staff members who award and process institutional scholarships and waivers. Thanks to this concerted, cross-departmental undertaking users can now see all this information in one place at a glance, and where student financial awards are in every stage of the delivery process. The end results are not only improved efficiency and ease of use for users, but more timely processing of awards for students, too.
- 2010: Advanced Materials Science & Engineering Center
- 2009: Early Registration Team