President's Exceptional Effort Awards
These awards, presented annually at Western’s Employee Recognition Ceremony, are given in recognition of Professional and Classified staff performance that demonstrates one or more of the following criteria:
- Excellence of Performance: Performance that consistently throughout the year exceeds the quality that is expected, and has resulted in important and significant contribution to his or her work unit and the University.
- Personal Interaction: Performance that demonstrates exceptional ability and willingness to work positively and effectively with others.
- Initiative and Creativity: Performance that demonstrates an innovative approach to the job and a willingness to manage changes in work priorities, procedures, and organization.
- Outstanding Achievement: Performance that has resulted in important and significant contributions to the work unit and thus has furthered Western`s mission and strategic goals.
All nominations must be submitted via the on-line nomination form by 5 p.m. Friday, March 4th, 2016. Nominations may be made by any university faculty or staff member. Nominees must be one of the following to be eligible:
- Permanent professional staff
- Permanent classified employee
Each Vice President will review the nominations of employees nominated in their division and forward all nominations in ranked order to President Shepard who will personally select eight final award recipients.
Each of the eight awardees are presented with a special gift at the spring Recognition Award ceremony. In addition, the eight award recipients are invited to dinner along with their spouses/partners, the nominators, and the vice presidents the evening of the ceremony.