Team Recognition Award
The Team Recognition Award recognizes a group or team of staff and faculty (and possibly students) who exemplify cooperation, collaboration and open communication. The group receiving the award must be comprised of supportive team players who worked in partnership on a project that significantly advanced departmental goals and/or University Mission.
To be considered, the team must meet the following criteria:
- Contribute to a group effort having a significant impact on departmental goals and/or University Mission
- Build effective collaborative relationships across different groups or departments within the organization
- Work to reach agreements while considering multiple perspectives
- Create a team environment that promotes cooperation, communication, trust, and respect for differences
- Develop a partnership that seeks input and involvement of those affected by decisions
- Place team goals above personal goals while achieving a distinctive result or product
- All nominations must be submitted via the on-line nomination form by 5 p.m. Monday, August 12, 2013.
- Nominations may be made by any university faculty or staff member. The team of faculty and/or staff may also include students.
- The President, Provost, and Vice Presidents will review all nominations and make the final selection.
Click here to nominate a team!
The winning team will be recognized at Opening Convocation on Sept. 18, 2013.
Team Award Winners:
2013 winner: Multi-Purpose Field Team
Several years ago the campus recognized a need for a year-round multi-purpose field that would be available to all students, sport clubs and varsity athletics. Making this vision a reality required several years of close collaboration between 26 staff, students and faculty members from across the campus. Thanks to their cooperative approach, transparent communication and hard work, Harrington Field, currently under construction on the south end of Western’s campus, will greatly improve campus life for current and future generations of Western students, faculty and staff.
2012 winner: The Back2Bellingham Weekend Team
Back2Bellingham Weekend is a collaborative event that brings together a large cross section of the University and showcases the best of Western for Alumni, students, prospective students, parents, volunteers and the community at large. The third annual celebration in May 2012 drew nearly 7,000 people to campus for a weekend of sold out shows, events, "classes without quizzes" and family fun. The B2B Weekend is jointly organized by the Alumni Association and New Student Services/ Family Outreach. Over 260 individuals from across the campus helped organize and stage the event in 2012.
2011 winner: Institutional Scholarship and Waiver Streamlining Project
2010 winner: Advanced Materials Science & Engineering Center