Outstanding Faculty Leadership Award
Although all WWU faculty members are committed to outstanding leadership and service, periodically the Western community has the opportunity to recognize some of our exceptional faculty members. The annual Outstanding Faculty Leadership Award is an example of the university community’s efforts to recognize and show appreciation to faculty members for their service and outstanding achievements. The award is intended to recognize a faculty member who has made outstanding leadership efforts to serve and enrich the intellectual vitality of the campus and the broader community. These leadership and service-focused contributions may include leadership efforts within the university, leadership outreach programs to the local and broader community, and/or to the profession. This award includes a $1,000 check from the WWU Foundation and your nomination of an exceptional WWU faculty member for the award is encouraged.
The recipient of this award will be recognized at the President’s Fall 2013 Opening Convocation event.
Information Necessary to Complete the Nomination Process
Thanks for your interest in nominating a faculty member for this meaningful award. During the process to nominate a faculty member for the Outstanding Faculty Leadership Award, you will be asked to provide the following information on the next screens. (Note: Respondents may move around the nomination form to update responses until the form is completed or they have exited the form. After the nomination form is completed, the respondent will not be able to re-enter the electronic nomination form.)
Information about the Faculty Nominee
- Name of Faculty Nominee
- Nomination Statement/Letter of Recommendation (approx. 1-2 pages in length)
- Your Name
- Your email address (preferred) or telephone number
- Please check one (Current Student) (Alumni) (Faculty) (Staff)
After being nominated, the faculty nominee will be contacted and invited to participate in the award process. If the faculty member wishes to be considered, he/she will be asked to provide supporting materials that are related to leadership and service for evaluation by the review committee.
Criteria and Procedures for Selection
Criteria and procedures for selection of the Outstanding Faculty Leadership Award are:
- No person shall receive this award more than once.
- Only the names of award recipients will be announced. Names of nominees shall not be published.
- Tenure is not a requirement, but candidates must be full-time faculty members. Visiting faculty are not eligible.
- Nominees will be asked if they wish to be considered, and, if so, will be required to submit supporting materials to the evaluation committee.
- Nominees from the previous year may elect to remain under consideration for the subsequent year and resubmit supporting materials.
- In the event that fewer than four nominations are received for an award, the evaluation process for those nominations will be continued until the subsequent academic year.
- This is a leadership award, not a teaching or research award. Submitted materials should relate to leadership and service.
- The evaluation committee may devise additional or alternative criteria and/or process upon announcement.
- The evaluation committee will evaluate all material and make a selection according to its best judgment.
Nominations for the Outstanding Faculty Leadership Award are solicited from students, alumni, faculty and staff members and are due by December 7, 2012.