Carl H. Simpson Bridging Award
Periodically the Western community has the opportunity to recognize some of our exceptional student, faculty and staff members. The Carl H. Simpson Bridging Award is an example of Western’s efforts to recognize and show appreciation to members of the university community for their service and outstanding achievements. The award includes a $1,000 check and recognition at the President’s Fall 2013 Opening Convocation event. Your nomination of exceptional faculty, staff or students for this meaningful award is encouraged.
Information Necessary to Complete the Nomination Process
Thanks for your interest in nominating a student, faculty or staff member for this award. During the process to nominate an individual for the Carl H. Simpson Bridging Award, you will be asked to provide the following information on the next screens.(Note: Respondents may move around the nomination form to update responses until the form is completed or they have exited the form. After the nomination form is completed, the respondent will not be able to re-enter the electronic nomination form.)
Information about the Nominee
- Name of Nominee
- Department – if faculty or staff
- Contact Information – email (preferred) or telephone number
- Nomination Statement/Letter of Recommendation (approx. 1-2 pages in length)
- Your Name
- Your email address (preferred) or telephone number
- Please check one (Current Student) (Alumni) (Faculty) (Staff)
After being nominated, the nominee will be contacted and invited to participate in the award evaluation process. If the nominee wishes to be considered, he/she will be asked to provide supporting materials for evaluation by the review committee.
Criteria and Procedures for Selection
Criteria and procedures for selection of the Carl H. Simpson Bridging Award are:
- Any current WWU faculty member, staff member or student is eligible
- No person shall receive this award more than once.
- Only award recipients will be announced. Names of nominees shall not be published.
- Nominees will be asked if they wish to be considered, and, if so, will be required to submit supporting materials to the evaluation committee.
- Nominees from the previous year may elect to remain under consideration for the subsequent year and resubmit supporting materials.
- In the event that fewer than four nominations are received for an award, the evaluation process for those nominations will be continued until the subsequent academic year.
- The evaluation committee may devise additional/alternative criteria and/or process upon announcement.
- The evaluation committee will evaluate all material and make a selection according to its best judgment.
Nominations for the Carl H. Simpson Award are solicited from alumni, students, staff or faculty members and are due by December 7, 2012.