Criteria - Carl H. Simpson Bridging Award
One award is given each year to a WWU student, faculty member or staff member. The following criteria and policies are meant to secure comprehensive evaluation.
- Any current WWU faculty member, staff member or student is eligible.
- No person shall receive this award more than once.
- Only the name of the award recipient will be announced upon completion oif the process; the names of other nominees and candidates shall not be published at any time during or after the process.
- Nominees will be asked if they wish to be considered, and, if so, will be required to submit supporting materials to the evaluation committee.
- The award is for creating bridges and forging new paths that others may follow and build upon in turn and supporting materials should relate to this theme.
- To secure consistency in the evaluation process nominees may be asked to submit the following materials.
- A current vita.
- Materials related to “bridging”-related contributions while at Western.
- The candidate will solicit up to five letters of support. The letters should register the impact of the candidate’s leadership activities. Letters of support should be sent directly to the Dean’s office administering the award.
- The candidate will provide up to three pages describing aspects of his/her “bridging”-type activities that may not be covered by the requested materials.
- The evaluation committee will evaluate all materials secured through all processes and make its selection according to its best judgment.
- Faculty on leave in the year of nomination may choose to defer the nomination to the following academic year.
- Nominees from the previous year may elect to remain under consideration for the subsequent year and resubmit supporting materials.
To continue the nomination process for this award, please click here.