Key Collaborative Directions from Academic Affairs 2010-11
The Arts in Communities: Dan Guyette
Back to list
- Goals for Arts in Communities initiative:
- Strengthen Western’s relationship with the local Arts organizations.
- Establish clear communication structures within the arts community.
- Coordinate efforts on campus with those in Bellingham arts groups.
- Develop an annual regional Arts Festival.
- Serve as a resource for area arts organizations.
- Serve as an arts education center for P-12 school children.
- Establish articulated partnerships with key area arts organizations.
- Current Activities:
- Monthly meetings with new Community Advisory Board.
- Member of the Mount Baker Theatre Board of Directors.
- Regular meetings with Allied Arts Executive Director.
- Established purpose, goals and annual schedule for the Cascadia Arts Festival.
- Planning the second annual Masked Ball fundraising event.
- Educational outreach series serving over 7000 elementary school students.
- Western Arts Preparatory Academy (classes for 2-12 year-old kids).
Western Washington University