- NWCCU Reaffirmation based on Year One Report, August 2011
- NWCCU Year One Peer Evaluator Report, May 2011
- WWU Year One Self-Evaluation Report, March 2011
- NWCCU Reaffirmation based on Focused Interim Evaluation, February 2011
NWCCU Focused Interim Evaluation Visit
A Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU) evaluator will be on WWU’s campus on October 20 and 21, 2010 for a Focused Interim Evaluation site visit. Western’s recently completed Focused Interim Report, in conjunction with the evaluation visit, provides an opportunity to monitor the university’s ongoing efforts to fulfill its established mission and goals. The report reviews and evaluates Western’s progress regarding the four recommendations that were identified by NWCCU in the Spring 2008 Comprehensive Evaluation Report. The four recommendations are related to:
- transparency and faculty participation in resource decisions;
- the Library’s strategic plan; and
- the university’s committee structure
The focused interim report was completed over the past six months with contributions from a number of WWU constituents including representatives from University Planning and Budget Office; Space Administration and Management; Committee on Undergraduate Education; Office of Survey Research; Faculty Senate; Academic Coordinating Commission; the Accreditation Liaison Officer, and others.
The report, including the complete recommendations, may be accessed below. Comments about the report and questions about the process are welcome and may be submitted to Steven VanderStaay, Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education and Accreditation Liaison Officer.
- WWU Response to NWCCU Recommendations (Interim Report)
- For appendices, please visit this page.
- All departmental assessment plans may be accessed here.
- NWCCU Response Letter July 28, 2008
- NWCCU Evaluation Committee Report April 7-9, 2008
- WWU Comprehensive NWCCU Accreditation Self-Study Report, 2008
- NWCCU Presentation: Overview of Accreditation Process March 9, 2006
For earlier documents, or to view a list of individual college and department accreditation, please continue to this page.