The Fact Book answers the most frequently asked questions about WWU and is intended to support institutional planning and evaluation. All of the tabs at the top of the website except Internal Reports are available to anyone. The Internal Reports tab is available to deans, department chairs, and other authorized academic officers (login required). The Fact Book is a compilation of basic information including:
- Student enrollment: Student profiles, enrollment and retention trends, for state and non-state funded students. Faculty: Faculty profiles, headcounts, full-time equivalency.
- Courses: Student credit hours production, class sizes, historical comparisons.
- Degree production: Degrees awarded, graduated student profile, degree trends.
The KPIs have information (numbers reflect only state supported students) about:
- freshman and transfer student admissions for 2008 and 2009; by gender, SOC, average SAT scores, non-resident
- undergraduate and graduate students: enrollments, retention, satisfaction with WWU and GUR, and students of color.
The College Portrait provides information about WWU targeted to students, prospective students, and parents. The following information is available:
- a description of the Western (WWU) community
- the Carnegie Classification of Institutional Characteristics
- undergraduate success and progress rate
- costs of attendance and financial aid
- undergraduate admissions
- student housing; campus safety
- degrees awarded and areas of study
- future plans of Bachelor's degree recipients
- student experiences and perceptions
- student learning assessment
A searchable database of published reports is available on the OIR website. Reports include findings from Western Educational Longitudinal Surveys (WELS) as well as enrollment, Student Credit Hours, and faculty information.
OSR is responsible for developing and administering the Western Educational Longitudinal Study (WELS), including baseline surveys of incoming students, second-year surveys, exit surveys of graduating students, and alumni surveys.