After Hour Permit Information
What is an After Hours Permit?
What hours are considered “After Hours”?
How do I get the permit?
When can I get this permit?
Permit expiration information
How do I display the permit?
When is the permit valid?
What lots can I park in/ any restrictions?
What if I forgot my permit, will I get ticket?
What if I lose my permit or someone steals it?
Auto leak – report it!
The After Hours permit is offered to employees who have purchased for a current bus pass or students who have paid their transportation fee and have updated their WWU ID to ride the bus. This permit will provide a vehicle parking access “after hours”, when a bus schedule does not meet your needs. This permit is currently issued at no charge (fee subject to review annually). There is a $6 replacement fee for any permit replaced.
- STUDENT: after hours begins at 7PM Monday-Friday & all day on weekends.
- EMPLOYEE: after hours starts at 4:30PM Monday-Friday & all day on weekends.
- This permit will be issued by Parking Services, located in the Campus Services building.
- WWU ID is required.
- STUDENT: permit will only be issued if the current quarter transportation fee has been paid and if your WWU ID has been updated, student bus pass.
- EMPLOYEES: must have purchased your employee bus pass.
- Anyone who already has a parking permit will not be issued this permit.
- The After Hours permit is available mid-September Fall quarter until the end of Spring quarter.
- STUDENT: payment of the transportation fee must have been made for current quarter.
- Parking Services does not process transportation fees.
- Transportation fees are charged to your student account and paid with tuition.
- EMPLOYEE: must have purchased (current/valid) WWU bus pass.
- Permits will be deactivated quarterly if you do not pay your fees, read below for more information.
- STUDENT: Although your permit will have the academic school year on it, the permit will only be valid for the quarter that you paid your transportation fee and updated your ID for a bus pass. To continue use of the After Hours permit Winter and/or Spring quarter you must:
- Pay your quarterly transportation fee.
- Update your ID for bus pass access.
- Once you have taken step 1 and 2 you are ok (with the exception of summer quarter).
- If the fee and ID is not updated the permit will be considered expired, deactivated and no longer valid for use (subject to being cited).
- Pay your quarterly bus pass fee.
- Once you have done step 1 you are ok (with the exception of summer quarter).
- If you do not purchase the bus pass the permit will be considered expired, deactivated and no longer valid for use (subject to being cited).
- Display by hanging the permit from the rear view mirror.
- If rear view mirror is problematic the permit may be displayed on dash.
- Driver’s side.
- Entire permit must be clearly visible.
- Permit must be face up on the dash with the permit number readable.
- STUDENT: 7PM–7AM Monday-Friday, and all day Saturday & Sunday.
- EMPLOYEE: 4:30PM–7AM Monday-Friday, and all day Saturday & Sunday.
- STUDENT: Permit will be valid in the following lots: 5G, 7G, 11G, 14G, 17G, & 19G (NO OTHER LOTS).
- EMPLOYEE: Permit will be valid in the following lots: 5G, 7G, 10G, 11G, 14G, 17G, & 19G (NO OTHER LOTS).
- Vehicle must be parked in a regular space (no meters, load zones, reserved, disability or maintenance spaces).
- If the lot has been reserved for an event the lot is no longer available, anyone parking with the After Hours permit while it’s reserved is subject to being cited.
- Parking is available in the C, 12A, 30G, 23V, 22G, 33G, 24G, & 32G lots with no permit needed between 4:30PM and 7AM Monday-Friday and all day weekends.
- YES, if you forget to display your permit you are subject to being cited.
- Make sure you keep your permit in your car or place the permit where you will not forget it.
- Stick to the approved lots as printed on the permit!
- STUDENTS: the permit will only allow you access after 7PM as printed on your permit.
- If you are not sure, call Parking Services for clarifications, prior to parking on campus.
- If you get a ticket, address it! You can appeal it, but only within the first 7 days.
- If you lost your permit it can be replaced, you will need to pay a $6 replacement fee.
- If your permit is stolen, you will need to go to the Parking Services office and fill out forms with University Police reporting the theft and parking forms to replace the permit.
- Anyone (even the original owner) found displaying a lost or stolen permit will be subject to:
- Vehicle will be cited $250 for displaying a lost/stolen permit.
- Being booted, an additional $100 fine.
- Subject to being revoked off campus for 1 year.
- Case referred to student judicial.
- Altered permits, forgeries, and /or duplications are also subject to various steep penalties and fines (criminal charges) – SIMPLE, JUST DON’T DO IT!
If you have (or observe) an auto leak on campus, please contain the fluid to the best of your ability. Report the leak to Environmental Health & Safety at 650-3064 and University Police at 650-3555.